Sunday, April 11, 2010

Movie Night!
Family movie night became a tradition last summer.
It's a cherished time for me because not only do I get to kick my heels up and relax, but I get to do it with my nearest & dearest. Sans kids. Okay, we let them comesometimes.
Movie night is hosted by my Tio, he's my favorite uncle and took on the role of Dad when my father passed away when I was two.
Movies are chosen democratically, we tend to stick to classic films.
With a few exceptions, 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles', was a group favorite favorite:)
And there's the food.
Courtesy of one of the most incredible cooks ever, Will.
If it wasn't for Will, there'd be no beet.
From fish tacos to pozole, southern fried chicken, carnitas tacos...
Not to mention the cocktails, 'ritas, cosmos, whiskey sour, champagne...

The Movie: Vertigo
Kim Novak is a stunner! I was given a grey suit just like hers for my last birthday:)
Vertigo was brilliant.


The Movie Meal
Boeuf bourguignon a la Julia Child with a twist of Will, creamy mashed potatoes & fresh baked yeast rolls.
For dessert we had fresh baked brown butter chocolate chip cookies and the lightest angel food cake torte with fresh strawberries and whipped cream. Thanks Mari & Will!

Do this with your loved ones! Begin a new tradition:)

*The recipe for boeuf bourguignon can be found on-line or in Julia Child's, Mastering the Art of French Cooking. The cookie and torte recipe will be posted soon.





3 comments:

  1. I get so wrapped up in how good it is to be together, I forget there are families who don't do this. It's great to do something that doesn't involve texting, business, or more bad news. Match the film with the food, as "Vertigo"s complexity went well with the boeuf bourguignon. Next time could be chili dogs and "Overboard". Great work Eris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great food, great movies, great people! Movie nights are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well if it isn't two of my nearest and dearest:)
    Will, I bet that would be homemade chili on those dogs. I'm very glad that we make the time to this and sincerely enjoy each others company. Amparo I agree 100%. Truth be told, I put my phone on silence the moment we pull up and only check it occasionally to see if the kids have called. A million thanks to you and Tio for setting us up all comfy like, also I forgot to mention Tio made the amazing pozole:) Love you Tio! Oh and the albondigas!!! Okay, that's a whole other post!

    ReplyDelete