Sunday, February 13, 2011

Don't call it a comeback

I have taken a sabbatical of sorts from Beet because sometimes life gets in the way of things. I get busy with the kids or family, laundry, birthdays, work etc. Am I lazy? Maybe. I cook regardless, but to take pictures of the meals, upload the pictures, edit the pictures...Well, you get the picture. My sister recently told me that Harriet Tubman let certain things go in order to do her selfless work. Even Dr. Laura lived by the same rule as a working mother. So there you go something Harriet Tubman, Dr. Laura & I have in common...The only thing we have in common.

If I were on cribs, I'd say this is where the magic happens. This is my modest stove. I have just begun to organize my kitchen. Over the last couple of months I've added to my culinary arsenal, mostly baking needs and spices. I am looking forward to sharing. It feels great to be tapping on the keys again!

xoxo-e


3 comments:

  1. fun facts: Dr. Laura's mom was found dead and rotting in her condo where she had been dead for MONTHS and nobody knew. Model daughter eh? She became jewish and then un-jewed herself 7 years later. Also, she said she was an only child but she had a sister and she cheated on two different husbands :-p.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you and dr. laura should not be in the same sentence! i love cooking with you. can't wait for your next creation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the fun facts, Dave? Steph, I'm working on it. Tonight, though, leftovers from The India Restaurant!

    ReplyDelete