Tuesday, March 30, 2010

D'oh!

I call these little goodies Homer's doughnut.
Again I used a store bought vanilla cake mix and vanilla frosting which I doctored with a touch of maple syrup for a yummy doughnut taste.


To make these delicious d'oh!-nuts simply follow the cake mix directions and add maple syrup to it.
I used a 1/4 cup.
I say go with your taste buds on this one because you may want more of a maple taste or less.
As for the frosting do the same as with the cake mix.
I used 2 tablespoons.
Sprinkle with colorful sprinkles or if you're feeling naughty crumbled bacon;)

Up to this point I've been inspired by cartoon or stop motion characters-we'll I should say real characters because I've made these for people I love and who inspire my creative side. I know a real life Coraline, an energetic high jumping Mario and dare I say, a Homer:)

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment