Monday, March 29, 2010

Rolling fondant is not a pain when you do it for the ones you love.

My adorable golden tousled nephew requested Mario Bros. inspired cupcakes for his birthday.
I have to say I had a blast making them, I had my ipod on shuffle and boogied in between frosting and painting. Most importantly the little guy was happy:)

I've gotten more comfortable with fondant. I just sprinkle my tabletop with a couple tablespoons of powdered sugar and roll it out. I've begun to collect cookie cutters in different shapes to use as cutouts too! Although for the top of the mushrooms I just rolled a bit of fondant in the palm of my hand and pressed down on them until they were little mounds. Like my daughters cake I used store bought cake mix, but an incredible cook I know gave me the lowdown on how to doctor store bought cake mixes:)

2 comments:

  1. They look so pretty! Thank you, everyone loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome!! My pleasure, I really had fun making them:)

    ReplyDelete