Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A few things I can't do without, right now.


Cinnamon. Lightly dusted over fried plantains or brussel sprouts smothered in brown butter.

Kosher Salt. So nice and mellow. A welcome flavor to practically anything, even chocolate. I like to sprinkle a pinch in my coffee maker over freshly ground coffee to tone down the coffee's acidity.




Lemon Squeezer. Mine is not this cute, but surely works better:) For easy lemon or lime juicing. There's nothing like fresh lemon juice in your cocktails or dressings.




Grapeseed Oil. Great for frying, great for you. Food is light & crispy. I swear!








2 comments:

  1. WOW... I'll definately keep these in mind. Especially the kosher salt. :) I just recently discovered my "passion" for cooking. Your dishes look yummy! Always looking for something new to try.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww. Thanks Christina:) I've recently discovered infusing kosher salt with different flavors for recipes, desserts & drinks. I'll post all kosher shenanigans soon.

    ReplyDelete