Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Like a bite of sunshine

I made these cup cakes for my sister in law's birthday, she is partial to lemon cake so I made them as lemony as I could.
To make these I used a box of store bought lemon flavored cake mix, but I added the zest of two lemons and substituted the water with mayo.
For the frosting I combined
1 1/2 packages of creme cheese (room temp & softened)
3/4 cups of butter (room temp & softened)
1 1/2 cups of confectioners sugar (sifted)
1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
the zest of 1 lemon
MIx creme cheese, butter, lemon zest & vanilla then gradually add the confectioners sugar.

Wait for the cupcakes to cool before frosting then them garnish with fresh raspberries. These turned out better than I anticipated. They were a crowd favorite, but most importantly the birthday girl was very pleased. They were reminiscent of a tart raspberry lemonade.


No comments:

Post a Comment