Monday, August 16, 2010

Think Green
My husband & I decided to have a meat free week. We have some beautiful homegrown tomatoes and about three pounds of broccoli...What to do?
It was delicious as is, but for a bolder flavor I suggest adding 1 garlic clove in the blender & chopping fresh tarragon and chives into the goat cheese.

This salad is light, tangy and easy to prepare. Right up my alley.
It is a basic caprese salad over greens.
In a medium salad bowl combine 2 finely minced garlic cloves, 2 large chopped tomatoes, 6 chopped basil leaves, 1/4 cup of chopped mozzarella cheese, a splash of balsamic vinegar, a drizzle of olive oil and salt & pepper to taste. Serve over a bed greens, no dressing necessary. You can also have it over some nice crusty bread.



2 comments:

  1. que rico me gusta tu blog.

    voy hacer esta ensalada hoy.
    saludos.
    Luz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saudos, Luz!!
    Espero que te gusto la ensalada:
    xoxo-e

    ReplyDelete